Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! This is our 2nd week of casing (copying) each other and guess what? Our team is casing ME today! And yes, I am casing myself! This is the card I chose that I had created when our new In Colors for this year debuted in May:
I copied the card exactly the same but just changed up the stamp set. As I write this and after my card was created though, I just realized each of the two cards, has a bird of some sorts. I did not plan it that way.
I used the Painted Pheasants stamp set and added two colors to the body. I also used the Fern 3D Embossing Folder for the white layer:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Painted Pheasant
- Inks: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Parakeet Party
- Stampin’ Blends: Starry Sky
- Cardstock: Starry Sky, Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Fern 3D Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Card Base: Starry Sky Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Fern 3D Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″. Follow these steps:
- Stamp the pheasant image using Soft Suede Ink.
- Color the body, feathers and head of the image by gently tapping the Dark Starry Sky Stampin’ Blends Markers.
- Stamp the branch image at the bottom using Parakeet Party Ink. Stamp twice each time without reinking for a lighter color.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Banner: Starry Sky Cardstock 2″ x 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment using Soft Suede Ink. Trim the left end with Paper Snips into a banner shape. Glue to the top right corner of the stamped layer.