Last Featured Card!
I hope you have enjoyed my week-long feature of the Catching Butterflies stamp set. Earn this stamp set for free during Sale-A-Bration that ends on February 28th. I opted to stamp the cluster of butterflies repeatedly and diagonally for the stamped layer you see here:
I knew I wanted to use Vellum Cardstock for my sentiment layer so I stamped with Night Of Navy Ink and set it aside to dry completely. The ink takes a little bit of time to dry because the Vellum is non-porous. If you handle it too soon after stamping, you can smudge the ink.
I layed it over the stamped butterflies and the butteflies still showed through and were a little too busy for me so I ended up with three layes of the Vellum Cardstock and tacked them in place with our Round & Square Brads. Once I had the brads in place, I colored them with my Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends to coordinate with the color on the card:
- Card Base: Night Of Navy Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Polished Pink Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4′. Glue to card base.
- Ribbon: Tie the Denim Ribbon around the card front into a bow at the left.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies that measure 4-1/8″ x 3″. Stamp the butterfly cluster image repeatedly with Night Of Navy Ink, diagonall from the top right corner to the bottom left corner. Use a Blender Pen to color with the inked lines on each butterfly. Set aside.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Night Of Navy Ink on a Vellum Cardstock layer measuring 2-1/2″ x 1-1/4″. Cut two more pieces of Vellum Cardstock the same size and stack them together. Place over the white layer and pierce through on each side with Round & Square Brads. I used a Paper Piercer first. Color the tops of each brad using the dark Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add In Color Jewels to the background mixed in with the butterflies.