Meet Our Brushed Brass Butterflies!
I did something a little different for Day #4 with my Catching Butterflies stamp set. I opted to not added stamped butterflies that our little girl is trying to catch. Instead, I added our Brushed Brass Butterfly embellishments. These neat butterflies come in two sizes and are adhesive-backed. I just pick them up with my Paper Piercer and then press them in place. Aren’t they beautiful?
I did use the butterflies stamp image though, to complete a background all over my Fresh Freesia Cardstock base. I also used Stampin’ Blends to color the stamped image. I’ve had a lot of you comment or message me lately that you are not confident in your coloring abilities. It does take practice but I know you can do it.
One tip that works for me is to always start with the dark marker and then blend in the remaining color with the light marker. Unless you color something like the girl’s hair. You can see that there is so much detail with all the hair strands so I just picked some with both markers. No blending on the hair. It makes her look like she has highlights:
- Card Base: Fresh Freesia Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″. Stamp the butterflies cluster image repeatedly over the front using Fresh Freesia Ink.
- Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4″ x 2-3/4″. Stamp the girl image and the grass using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color with Stampin’ Blends Markers. I used Fresh Freesia, Smoky Slate, Ivory, Balmy Blue and Soft Sea Foam.Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Brushed Brass Butterflies to the stamped layer.
- Sentiment Layer #1: Cut a circle using Basic Black Cardstock and the Layering Circles that measures 1-5/8″. Glue to stamped layer at the bottom right corner.
- Sentiment Layer #2: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut with the Layering Circles Dies that measures 1-3/8″. Glue to black circle.
Earn this stamp set for free with a $50 order.