Mini Catalog Boughs Of Holly!
I love copying projects in our Stampin’ Up! catalogs. Our concept artists are so talented. I know at times you would like to copy a favorite but unsure where to start. I thought I would start posting some of my favorites for you by CASING the catalog. Casing is an acronym in several ways:
- CASE: Copy and Share Everything (copy exactly)
- CASE: Copy and Stamp Everything (copy the stamping)
- CASE: Copy and Steal Everything (stealing the ideas of others)
- CASE: Copy and Selectively Edit
The card I am showing you today comes from page 24 of the July 2022 to January 2023 Mini Catalog. The Boughs Of Holly Bundle was used paired with the Boughs Of Holly Designer Paper. You can see it in the photo of the catalog above in the top left-hand corner. I did not have all of the products Stampin’ Up! used so I substituted with something similar:
The only difference with my card is the following:
- Using the snowflake diecut from the Season Of Chic Dies instead of the Wonderful Snowflakes Embellishments (I used all of mine)
- I substituted the Textural Elements with Open Leaf Trinkets
- I used the same stamp set but substituted with a different sentiment
- And finally, I used the Gold & Vanilla 3/8″ Satin Edged Ribbon instead of the Natural 1/2″ Woven Ribbon
I will list all of the steps I used to create this beautiful card but first, look closer at the pretty details:
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Boughs Of Holly Designer Paper 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3″
Let’s start out with Layer #3 so we can get all of our ink blending completed:
- Step 1: Using the two detailed holly leaf dies, cut 2-3 of each using Basic White. I cut 2 of each and I’ll move them as needed.
- Step 2: Place the diecut leaves on the white cardstock piece and secure with tape or post-it notes.
- Step 3: Use a Blending Brush with Sahara Sand Ink to blend the ink over the diecuts as a stencil. Once the top part is completed, move the diecut leaves to the bottom of the cardstock and repeat.
- Step 4: Remove the diecut leaves and you now have a pretty stenciled background!
Now let’s assemble the card:
- Step 1: Glue the designer paper layer to the card base.
- Step 2: Glue the basic white stenciled layer to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and centered.
- Step 3: Use the 2 snowflake dies from the Season Of Chic Bundle to cut out 4 snowflakes with Basic White Cardstock. Tuck and glue 3 snowflakes (2 large and 1 small) under the Basic White layer as shown. Save the 4th snowflake for later.
- Step 4: Use the large detailed holly leaf die and cut one with Sahara Sand Cardstock. Glue flat to white layer about 3/4″ from the top.
- Step 5: Use the 2 detailed holly leaf dies to cut one of each using Mossy Meadow Cardstock. Set aside.
- Step 6: Use the 2 bold holly leaf dies to cut one of each using Pear Pizzazz Cardstock. Glue the detailed diecuts and glue over the bold diecuts. Glue to card front.
- Step 7: Stamp the holly berries image on Real Red Cardstock using Real Red Ink. Cut with the die. Glue to the holly leaves using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Step 8: Glue the small snowflake that was set aside, to the left bottom of the white layer.
- Step 9: Create a bow with the ribbon and glue to the stems of the holly leaves with Mini Glue Dots.
- Step 10: Tuck and glue one Open Leaf Trinkets under the holly berries with Mini Glue Dots.
- Step 11: Stamp the sentiment in a scrap piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock using Soft Suede Ink. Cut close to the lettering and split them into two words. Glue to card front at the top of the white layer with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed my first Casing The Catalog feature. I’ll have a new one next week!