Week 2 Day 2!
Hey guess what? Tomorrow is the day our new Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration go live. For those of you that participated in my Product Shares, I will be ordering all of the products for your shares and crossing fingers that nothing will go on backorder or unavailable. Crossing fingers!
Today is Day #2 featuring the Calming Camellia host stamp set. If you missed all of my product features so far, click on the HOME button at the top and you’ll be able to scroll down to view them all.
The Calming Camillia set is a host set that you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration. If you host a workshop or class with your friends & family and the combined total of sales reaches $300, it’s yours for free! Or if you place your own order off your wishlist and reach that amount on your own, you get it for free also.
You’ll never guess what I used as a technique on my stamped image. I started by stamping the large flower image with Mango Melody Ink and I let it dry for a few mintues. I then colored the small cluster of flowers in the center with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. You can see that it lightened the ink color slightly and then dried rock-hard. You have to have patience and let it dry so you can handle to cardstock layer.
I also added a frame around the image using Gold Foil Sheets and the Rectangle Stitched Dies. I love the richness of this card design. Here are the steps:
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″. Stamp the large flower image using Mango Melody Ink. Use the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to add liquid to the small cluster of flowers in the center. Allow to dry completely (about 30 minutes).
- Frame: Use the Rectangle Stitched Dies to create a frame. I used die #2 and #3 and nestled them together using Gold Foil Sheets. Add Foam Adhesive Strips on the back of all four sides. Peel and stick on the card base centered.
- Scallops: Cut scallops using a piece of Gold Foil Sheets that measures 3-1/2″ x 1″. Glue to the inside of the frame at the bottom.
- Sentiment: stamp the sentiment on a piece of Mango Melody Cardstock that measures 3-1/2″ x 3/4. Glue over the Gold Foil layer inside the frame.
- Butterflies: Add a few Brushed Brass Butterflies to the background.