A Great Fall/Autumn Gift!
Do you need a small gift for the fall months or are you part of a local craft fair? These projects are quick to whip up and make really nice gifts. I made a bunch of them for a craft fair I participated in last week. I used some retired color family designer paper to decorate the front in so many different colors:
You can see how the apple cider packet slides out of the pocket card and also how I tied the cinnamon stick to the sentiment layer before I glued it on with Stampin’ Dimensionals:
This is what I purchase when I make some of these. There are 10 packets in each box?
The pocket card is quite simple to create if you’ve never made one before. Follow these steps:
- Card Base is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″. I used Cajun Craze to coordinate with the apple cider packet. It’s gotta match!
- Use a ruler to measure down 2-3/4″ on the right edge and add a tick mark with a pencil.
- Cut a diagonal cut with your paper Trimmer from the tick mark up to the scored line.
- Add a layer to the inside before you glue the pocket. I used Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Add Tear & Tape to the bottom and side of the front layer and press in place to create the pocket for your card.
- Cut a piece of designer paper to measure 5-1/8″ x 4″. Measure 2-3/8 on the right side from the bottom and add a tick mark with a pencil. Cut from the tick mark to the top left corner. Glue to front on card.
- Decorate the front as you like! I cut two small holes with a 1/8″ handheld punch and threaded the gold twine through the holes and brought the ends to the front. I then tied a cinnamon stick to the diecut circle. How fun!