Oh How I Love That Leaf Image!
I sure have got my mileage in with the Soft Seedlings stamp set. I am a butterfly and leaf lover so this one was on my first order when our July to January Mini Catalog went live. I did something a little different with the image this time. Not only did I stamp it repeatedly, I also added three ink colors.
I achieved this look by first inking my stamp with Mango Melody Ink and then used a Sponge Dauber to add Cajun Craze Ink to the left. I also sponge Soft Suede Ink to each helicopter seed. At the very top, I stamped the image a 2nd time without reinking for a lighter color. Here are my layers:
- Card Base: Soft Suede Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Rustic Harvest Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″. Follow these steps:
- Stamp the sentiment at the bottom right using Soft Suede Ink.
- Ink the leaf image using Mango Melody Ink and then use a Sponge Dauber to add Cajun Craze Ink. Ink the helicopter seed portion of the stamp using a Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede Ink. Repeat for each new leaf but clean the stamp image each time. Stamp one leaf partially at the top leaf without reinking for a lighter color.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Adhesive-Backed Seasonal Sequins to the background.