Welcome to our monthly Blog Hop!
Hello and welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop for March. Our Paper Pumpkin March kit has had high reviews so far. I have seen so many people creating some beautiful projects with the preprinted card bases and layers.
March of each year is our celebration month. Paper Pumpkin always has a pleasant surprise in our kits because we’ve just celebrated another year of Paper Pumpkin. Did you know Paper Pumpkin debut it’s first kit back in 2013? That’s almost 10 years!
You’ll notice below that we were all gifted with a free stamp set so that means we all received two stamp sets this month:
I decided to focus on the envelopes this month to create a card and a coordinating Bag-a-lope. A Bag-a-lope is a treat bag created using one flat envelope. I also add the preprinted strips, diecut branches, a sentiment on each project and all glued to a window sheet for the Floating Strips Technique:
I love the patterns and designs on the front of each envelope and the inside of each envelope. I wanted to keep my background layer clean & simple so opted to use the front of the envelope. Here is what the card looks like up close:
- Card Base: Misty Moonlight Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Cut up one of the envelopes to 5-1/4″ x 4″ and glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Window Sheet 4″ x 2-1/2″. Glue the three strips from the kit to the front of the Window Sheet using dimensionals. Add dimensionals a 2nd time by flipping the Window Sheet to the backside and adding the dimensionals over the strips.
- Branch: Glue one yellow branch to the front of the strips.
- Ribbon: Wrap the ribbon around the Window Sheet and tie into a bow. Glue layer to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment to the small label shape using Misty Moonlight Ink. Glue to the bottom of the strips below the ribbon.
- Bling: Add the jewels to the background.
And below are the coordinating details on my Bag-a-lope:
Here’s the how-to:
- Using one of the envelopes, lick the flap and press in place. Cut off a small sliver on one short side of the envelope so it pops open.
- Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score on the three sides that are not open at 1″ per side.
- Place one hand inside the envelope and use your fingers on the outside to pinch the score lines to form the sides of each scored line. Once you get to the bottom, keep pinching until all three score lines create three sides. The ends where the folds meet will form two triangular shapes. Press those flat and glue to the bottom. Add a piece of Basic White Cardstock that measures 2-1/4″ x 1-7/8″ to the bottom over the triangular flaps.
- Layer #2: Misty Moonlight Cardstock 3-7/8″ x 2″. Glue to the front.
- Layer #3: Cut an envelope to 3-5/8″ x 1-3/4″. Glue to Misty Moonlight layer.
- Layer #4: Window Sheet 3-1/2″ x 1-5/8″. Glue the three strips from the kit to the front of the Window Sheet using dimensionals. Add dimensionals a 2nd time by flipping the Window Sheet to the backside and adding the dimensionals over the strips.
- Branch: Glue one yellow branch to the front of the strips. Glue layer to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment to the small label shape using Misty Moonlight Ink. Glue to the bottom of the strips.
- Bling: Add Bling to the strips.
- Ribbon: Use a 1/4″ hand-held punch to add a hole to the top of the bag and thread the ribbon through and tie into a bow.
I will now send you off to the next person participating with our blog hop. You are currently visiting with Debbie Henderson so click on the name below mine: