An Interactive Card That Is Loads Of Fun!
Look at this neat card I created! I had a smile on my face the whole time I was adding my pieces and layers together. The circle that you see under the Window Sheet is attached to a handle and you can move it throughout the black area to look for bugs…..and maybe you’ll find a sentiment too!
Here are a few more photos to show you what the handle looks like, how you can freely move it and how I inserted it through the bottom of the card and went hunting for things to find:
Along with the Lighting The Way Bundle and Ink Botanicals Designer Paper, here is what I used and the assembly steps:
- Photo 1: You will need:
- 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ Basic Black Cardstock
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ Window Sheet
- 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ Basic Black Cardstock cut in the center with the #2 rectangle from the Radiating Stitches Die.
- Inked Botanicals Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. You will need the largest rectangle and the #2 rectangle from the Radiating Stitches Dies to cut the size and the hole.
- Photo 2: Glue the designer paper to the Basic Black layer with the hole. The holes should line up.
- Photo 3: Flip to the backside and add Tear & Tape along the inside edges.
- Photo 4: Add Tear & Tape again about 1/4″ from the outside edge. Peel all of the adhesive backings off and press the Window Sheet in place.
- Photo 5: Flip the piece back to the front and carefully stamp the sentiment and lightening bug image with StazOn Jet Black Ink. Make sure you are careful not to move your stamp as the Window Sheet can be slippery. Allow to dry.
- Photo 6: Cut the following for the magnifying glass:
- Basic Black Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3-4″.
- Designer Paper, cut (2) 3/4″ x 3/4″. Glue to the bottom of the handle on both sides.
- Use the 1-5/8″ circle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut one with Basic Black Cardstock circle. Glue to handle.
- Cut (2) white circles using Basic White Cardstock and the Radiating Stitches Dies. Glue to each side of the black circle.
- Photo 7 & 8: Now that the StazOn Ink is dry, flip to the back side and add Tear & Tape a 2nd time but leave one side with no adhesive. This will be the open end on the bottom. Remove backing from Tear & Tape and press over the Basic Black Cardstock card base.
- You can add a layer on the back to add a sentiment and a note. I used Very Vanilla Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Insert magnifying glass inside the card and start searching for bugs!