Show Me Something Red!
Today is Day #1 of my 10-Day Christmas Papercrafting Challenge on my Stamp & Ink Designs Facebook group. I host monthly activities on my group and we have a lot of fun. This activity is something special for the month of December and anyone can join in on the fun.
Today I am asking for something RED on your card and I created this project to show you my RED! I stamped holly leaves in red but if you look closely at the photos below, my leaves are red and glossy. How did I do that?
- Stamps: Leaves Of Holly
- Inks: Sweet Sorbet, VersaMark
- Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Basic White
- Designer Paper: 2022-2024 In Color Designer Paper
- Tools & Accessories: Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folder, Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Linen Thread, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here are the steps to my card:
- Card Base: Sahara Sand Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″. Emboss the front with the Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folder by placing in horizontally in the center.
- Layer #2: In Color Designer Paper 4-1/4″ x 3″. Glue to card front at the top left and at an angle.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3″. Follow these steps:
- Ink up the sentiment stamp with VersaMark Ink and ink again over the VersaMark Ink with Sweet Sorbet Ink. Stamp at the bottom of the white layer. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with the Heat Tool.
- Ink up the leaf stamp with VersaMark Ink and ink again over the VersaMark Ink with Sweet Sorbet Ink. Stamp above the sentiment. Clean the stamp image and repeat. Repeat as many times needed to cover the white cardstock. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with the Heat Tool.
- Wrap the Linen Thread above the sentiment and tie into a bow at the left.
- Add Red Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Make sure you visit tomorrow for Day #2!