Today is a special treat because I tried something from my “to try” list and it came out beautifully! But first, if you’re new to my blog, I’ve been posting “Two For Tuesday” cards for…well….twelve weeks now. I post a “Clean & Simple” card and then I use the same stamp set to create a “Stepped Up” version. Take a peek and we’ll talk about each individual card below:
So the photo above shows both cards. I used the bumble bee image on both cards and the same color scheme. I used the Garden In Bloom stamp set on both cards:
Here are the steps to creating Card #1:
- Card Base: Delightful Dijon Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score in the center at 5-1/2″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the sentiment using Memento Black Ink as shown in the photo. Add a few bees at the top and a few coming off from the sides using Memento Black Ink. Now fill in the body image using Delightful Dijon Ink. I created the buzz lines by hand using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker. Glue to card front.
- Card Complete!
How quick & easy was that! Now on to card #2:
Wait! What’s all of that 3D-whitish stuff on the background? And how did I get those super cute honeycombs to look like that? Let’s take a peek at the bowl of “stuff” down below:
I made my very own “Homemade Embossing/Texture Paste”. I even have the recipe for you to try. Make sure you store it in an airtight container. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup
- 1 Tablespoon White all-purpose school glue
Tablespoon White Acrylic Craft Paint
- Air-tight container
- Plastic spoon
Mix the first 3 ingredients well in your container using a plastic spoon. Add a little bit of water at a time until the consistency is (for me) like thick frosting. Store in an airtight container. I then made myself a thingy to spread the paste on. I used two pieces of window sheet glued together about the size of a credit card. Now comes the fun part….
I cut a piece of scrap cardstock as a stencil by using the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die:
Here are the layers:
- Card Base: Delightful Dijon Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score in the center at 5-1/2″ and fold. Use the Project Life Corner Punch on all four corners.
#2: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use the Project Life Corner Punch on all four corners and glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use the Project Life Corner Punch on all four corners. Use the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die and a scrap piece of white to create a stencil. Place the stencil over your white layer and use the window sheet
tool to spread the Homemade Embossing/Texture Paste over the cardstock stencil. No need to cover the
whole stencil. Leave some flat areas for stamping. Carefully lift up
the stencil and set the cardstock piece aside to dry. Once dry, use a Sponge Dauber and Delightful Dijon Ink to add ink color to the cardstock and the dried paste. Glue to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Craft White Ink on a Basic Back Cardstock piece. Cut the cardstock piece using the Chalk Talk Framelits Dies. Trim the flat end to fit and glue in place on the card front.
- Bees: stamp a few bees using Memento Black Ink. Stamp the
body image using Delightful Dijon Ink. Create the buzz lines by hand
using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Card Complete!
Reminder that in 5 days, our new September Mini Session will be available for viewing at Create with Connie & Mary. The session will post for our subscribers on September 13 so visit Create with Connie & Mary to sign up today!
- Our mini session includes the tutorials for FIVE projects with full step-by-step tutorials.
- Each mini session includes THREE card sets, each with 4 cards, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect for your club or stamp camp
- All FIVE projects are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
- BONUS: Every month in the weeks following the release, Connie and Mary will each do two additional cards to make an Bonus Card Set project for you! Make sure you check back in with us!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!