I’ve been having so much fun coming up with cards for my “Two For Tuesday” series. If you’ve missed my previous posts, you can view them all HERE. The series starts out with a simple card and I step it up for you with the addition of a few more products or layers to make the card more of a “wow” card. Let’s take a peek at what I have in store for you today:
As you can see, both cards start out with a piece of Whisper White Cardstock as the stamped layer and we build from there. Here’s Card #1, which is the clean & simple style:
I stamped three different stamps using two ink colors. Here are the steps to creating this card:
- Card Base: Whisper White Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 11″. Score at 5-1/2″ and fold. Stamp the border image from the Summer Silhouettes stamp set using Tangelo Twist Ink on the right-hand side and about 1″ from the bottom.
- Sentiment: Stamp the two sentiment stamps from Work of Art using Tip Top Taupe Ink, above the border as shown above.
See how much of a “wow” the 3-D flower adds to the card along with a few more stamped border images:
If you want to try this one also, here we go:
- Card Base: Tip Top Taupe Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score in the center at 5-1/2″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the border image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set using Tip Top Taupe Ink about 1/2″ from the bottom and to the right. Stamp the 2nd border image above the first from the Summer Silhouettes stamp set using Tangelo Twist Ink. Stamp the 3rd border image from the Work of Art stamp set using So Saffron Ink.
- Sentiment: Stamp the two sentiment stamps from Work of Art using Tip Top Taupe Ink, above the borders as shown above.
- Flower: Stamp (2) flowers from the Flower Shop stamp set using Tip Top Taupe Ink over Tip Top Taupe Cardstock. Cut out with the Pansy Punch. Layer and glue together using a Stampin’ Dimensional. Glue flower to card front.
- Bling: Thread a piece of Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine through a Very Vintage Designer Button and tie into a bow. Glue the button to the center of the flower.