I can’t believe we are half-way through the month of October already. Halloween is quickly approaching us isn’t it? My granddaughter Kaitlynn is so excited about Halloween this year. She is 4 and understands things so well now. She loves giraffes as you know from previous posts and requested a giraffe costume this year. My daughter found her the cutest costume and I can’t wait to show you.
For today’s card, a little light bulb went off in my head. I just love our Cannery Framelits Set and coordinating Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set. I wanted to fill my little mason jar with candy corn:
How cute is that?
And notice how I made the jar topper with 2 different colors? I cut out two pieces, one using Tangerine Tango Cardstock and the other using Polka Dot Parade DSP. I cut the ruffled portion off of the Tangerine Tango layer with my Paper Snips and glued to the Polka Dot Parade DSP layer:
And what about the “Candy Corn” pieces? Do you want to know how I made those…super easy!
Start out with the following:
- Whisper White Cardstock cut with the 1/2″ Circle Punch
- Tangerine Tango Cardstock cut with the 3/4″ Circle Punch
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock cut with the 1″ Circle Punch:
Layer and glue all 3 pieces together as shown:
Using your Paper Snips, cut the circle in half:
Cut each half into 3rds:
Fill your jar! I glued some randomly here and there and then added a few on top of each other using a 1/4 of a Stampin’ Dimensional:
I hope you have enjoyed my little candy corn tutorial for today. Here is a list of the remaining Stampin’ Up! supplies I used:
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight
- DSP: Core’dinations Paper in Gumball Green, Polka Dot Paragde
- Inks: StazOn Jet Black
- Accessories: Designer Buttons
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Oval Accents Die, Window Frames Framelits, Cannery Set Framelits, 1/2″ Circle Punch, 3/4″ Circle Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Sanding Block, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
- Stamp Set: Perfectly Preserved, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Did you take the time to explore Create with Connie & Mary yesterday to see what we will be up to in the next few weeks? If not, go take a peek today. Here’s the deal:
- 3 week mini-edition that is only cards
- These cards are EXCLUSIVE to our subscription and won’t be shown anywhere else.
- Each designer will choose a holiday or winter set each week and make 3 different cards using that one set.
- Total of 45 unique card ideas from 15 different sets.
- Each card set includes a printable supply list with card measurements and photos.
- Perfect for your classes and stamp camps or to make for your own
AND…as a bonus on Saturday, each designer will be sharing a little
3D favor that matches the holiday or winter set they chose that week on their own blogs also. You are in for a terrific time and lots of ideas!