I have two posts for you today. Come back tonight to visit during our March Tour De Freaks Blog Hop!
It was my daughter’s fiance’s birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday to TJ! TJ loves to camp and hunt with the boys and Jessica asked for an outdoor themed card. I thought the stamp set “The Great Outdoors” would be perfect for her request:
I stamped all of the images I wanted to use to set up a little scenery. I used a torn piece of scrap paper as a stencil to create the mountains and sponged the ink colors for my background. The coloring for the stamped images was done using a Blender Pen. I used the “Hardwood” background stamp on Soft Suede Cardstock with Soft Suede Ink. I then cut strips 3/4″ thick and created a frame for my outdoor picture. I then added a few more stamped images that I hand-cut and adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Here is a close-up of some of the coloring:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Suede
- Stamps: The Great Outdoors, Hardwood, Sassy Salutations
- Inks: Assorted Ink Pads for the coloring, Soft Suede for the frame & sentiment
- Tools: Blender Pen, Sponge Daubers
- Accessories: Candy Dots
For my 2nd project, a card from Dave and I, I wanted to create a Pop-Up Card Box with “hunting” stuff in it and I am so happy with how it turned out. TJ loved it. I cut out my items using my SC cutting machine:
All of the cardstock and designer paper are Stampin’ Up! and the sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set cut out with the Word Window Punch.
- Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Inks: Chocolate Chip
- Tools: Word Window Punch, Sticky Strip, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SC Cutting Machine
- DSP: Brights Paper Stack
Thanks for stopping by to visit!