My 4 year old granddaughter Kaitlynn loves giraffes. It is her favorite animal and she has quite a few stuffed animals and other things that have giraffes on them. My daughter Jessica found a photo of a punch art giraffe on Pinterest and asked if I would create it for her for a Valentine’s card for Kaitlynn.
Take a look:
Since the giraffe is pink, we will assume it’s a “she” giraffe. I used an assortment of Stampin’ Up! punches to create this giraffe. I started my card by embossing the sky with the new “Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Folder” and added some grass at the bottom by sponging the torn edges of my cardstock. I then layered the grass to make it look like a grassy field:
The sentiment is no longer available as this was a stamp set offered for a limited time only for Valentine’s Day:
- 3/4″ Circle Punch for body
- Boho Blossoms Punch for patches
- 1/2″ Circle Punch & 3/4″ Circle Punch for legs
- Scallop Border Punch for mane
- Large Oval Punch for the nose
- Scallop Oval Punch for the mane
- 5 Petal Flower Punch for the ears (retired)
- 1/2″ Circle Punch for the horns
- 3/4″ Circle Punch for mouth
- Small Tag Punch for the face (retired)
- Legs, Horns and Neck are hand-cut
- Hand-held punches for nose and eyes
Cardstocks: Garden Green, Pool Party, Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip, Silver Glimmer Paper.
I sponged on some cheeks using a Sponge Dauber and Pretty In Pink Ink. Kaitlynn really like her card. How could you not love this punch art giraffe!
Thanks for stopping by to visit!