Whoa, what a day yesterday for us here in Maine. We had a full day of wind gusts causing white-outs, road closures and accidents. Winds were averaging 55 mph. Thanks goodness we did not run out of power. If you are not familiar with white-outs, it’s when the wind is so high that it moves the snow across the roads and all you see is white. Visibility is zero when driving through it and it becomes very dangerous driving through a white-out. There was one report of a 16 car pile-up in one area and multiple other accidents. With me taking care of Dave, we don’t travel at all so we were safe.
Our Stampin’ Up! Blending Brushes truly are the bomb. I don’t think you’ll see me using sponges as much now. When looking at the Blending Brush, they look like sponges but are truly thousands and thousands of miniscule bristles.
Blend ink beautifully using Blending Brushes. Apply extremely light shades of ink or create soft gradient backgrounds with no lines. Or use them with Decorative Masks or stencils, The velvety soft bristles blend ink perfectly.
- Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″.
- Use the 2″ Circle Punch to cut a circle from a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock. Place over the white layer.
- For the background I used two ink colors. I started with Flirty Flamingo and added ink to my Blending Brush. Gently apply the ink to the top half of the white cardstock and over the circle that you are using as a mask. Repeat the ink application until you are satisfied with the coloring.
- Repeat with a 2nd Blending Brush using Soft Sea Foam Ink and inking the bottom portion of the Basic White Cardstock layer.
- Remove the circle mask and the area underneath the circle should be white!
- Stamp the image using Early Espresso Ink
- Decorate the bottom as you like. I used the gold twine from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack and wrapped around the white layer twice and glued the ends to the back of the cardstock.
- The sentiment was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Basic White Cardstock. I cut the shape using the Label Me Fancy Punch and added a little bit of sponging to the bottom right corner. I glued it to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals: