Good Evening! Tonight the Stampers For Others team is hosting our June Facebook Hop. If you visit and “like” my Facebook page, you’ll be able to hop from each person to see what they’ve created using the “Masculine with a Special Card Fold” hop! Here’s my Facebook page so you can get started:
And this is the card I made for the hop:
I created a “Gate Fold” card with a “Belly Band” that slides off so you can open the card. I actually made this card for my son Greg. It was his birthday on May 28th.
The Confetti Celebration stamp set was so perfect for my birthday card. I even added some star enamels that I had left over from my May Paper Pumpkin Kit:
- Card Base: Dapper Denim Cardstock measuring 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”. Score on both ends at 2-1/8”. Fold on both score lines to create a gate fold card.
- Layer #2: Cut (2) pieces of designer paper measuring 1-7/8” x 5-1/4” and glue to the two front panels.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock measuring 1-5/8” x 5”. Stamp the balloons using Dapper Denim and Pool Party Inks. Glue to the right-hand panel.
- Stars: Stamp one star using Dapper Denim and one using Pool Party Inks. Hand cut and glue to the top of the left-hand panel. Add a few enamel stars above the stamped stars. (you can substitute with rhinestones or pearls, etc.)
- Inside Layer: Glue a layer of designer paper measuring 5-1/4” x 4” to the inside. Add a 2nd layer using Whisper White Cardstock measuring 5” x 3-3/4”. Stamp a few balloons on each side using Pool Party Ink and stamp the sentiment using Dapper Denim Ink, centered at the top.
- Belly Band: Cut a piece of Dapper Denim Cardstock measuring 11” x 1-1/2”. Wrap around the card by centering on the front of the card and wrapping towards the back of the card. Press the sides to fold and overlap the ends on the back. Make sure the band is not too tight so it can slide off and on. Glue the ends on top of each other. Glue a layer of designer paper around the belly band measuring 1-1/4” x 9”. Overlap the ends and glue in place.
- Sentiment for Belly Band: Stamp the sentiment using Dapper Denim Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Cut out using the 2” Circle Punch and glue to the right side of the belly band. Add a star enamel between the two O’s.