It’s Day 6 of my Stamp Set Feature Week 3. I have a neat Clean & Simple card today using the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick Bundles. You’ll see the product information later in my post.
Look closely at my background on the Basic White Layer. Notice some subtle stamping? I actually used the chicken wire die, dipped it in Gray Granite Ink and stamped on the background. I repeated this process a few times to create a die-stamped background. Neat huh?
A second step you should notice is my white ribbon….oh wait, the ribbon is no longer white, it is now Real Red! I wanted the ribbon to coordinate with the Real Red Cardstock so I colored it with my Light Real Red Stampin’ Blends Marker! So easy!
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Gray Granite Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use the chicken wire die to stamp repeatedly using Gray Granite Ink. Tip: I used a piece of our Foam Adhesive Sheets, glue it to the top by leaving the protective paper on top. Press in the ink pad and use the foam strip as a handle and to press on to stamp. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Real Red Cardstock cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″. Glue to card front at an angle.
- Layer #5: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies 3-1/8″ x 1-7/8″. Glue o layer #4.
- Layer #6: Basic Black Cardstock 1-3/4″ x 1″. Cut one end using the Triple Banner Punch on the longer side. Glue tucked under Layer #4 on the right.
- Chick: Stamp the chick image on Gray Granite Cardstock using Gray Granite Ink. Cut with the die. Glue to white layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Ribbon: Color a strip of the Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon with the Light Real Red Stampin’ Blends. Wrap around the card front and tie into a bow.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Gray Granite Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut with the Layering Circles Dies 1-1/8″. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Glue some Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins to the background.
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!