It’s a new week for my Stamp Set Feature! Why do I start my new week on a Tuesday you ask? Because our Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Brochure started on a Tuesday. This week, I actually put up a poll on my Stamp & Ink Designs group page on Facebook and this is the set that had the highest votes. Here is my card for Day 1:
I had this neat idea in my head to try to create the look you see here with the butterfly. Isn’t it neat? I stamped one on the Basic White Cardstock layer and then stamped a 2nd one on a scrap and hand-cut. I cut the wings only without the body and glued it over the first one with a very tiny strip of liquid glue near the body so I could bend it forward.
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Granny Apple Green Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Oh So Ombre Designer Paper 3-3/4″ x 2-3/4″. Glue to the bottom of the card front.
- Layer #4: Oh So Ombre Designer Paper 3-3/4″ x 2-1/4″. Glue to the top of the card front.
- Layer #5: Granny Apple Green Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 1/2″. Glue where the designer papers meet.
- Layer #6: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Rectangles Stitched Dies 4-3/8″ x 3″. Stamp the butterfly outline using Bermuda Bay Ink. Stamp the inside of the butterfly with Bermuda Bay Ink but stamp on a piece of scrap paper first and without reinking for a lighter color.
- Layer #7: Stamp a 2nd butterfly on a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock. Cut with Paper Snips and only the wings. Add a skinny strip of liquid glue on the edge closest to the body. Glue to the first butterfly.
- Bling: Add Opal Rounds to the butterfly wings.
- Leaves: Stamp the outline of the leaf image repeatedly using Granny Apple Green Ink going vertical. Stamp the inside of each leaf by stamping on scrap paper first. Stamp the dots around the leaves using Granny Apple Green Ink stamped on scrap paper first.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment to the right of the leaves using Bermuda Bay Ink.
- Glue rectangle to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stampin’ Up! Products:
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!