It’s Day Four already, using A Touch Of Ink for my project. So many of you have told me that this is your favorite stamp set and I agree! You know me and butterflies. I love them but today is all about the hummingbird image. You could substitute the butterfly if you wanted to. Isn’t he adorable?
I say he, only because I colored him with Seaside Spray Ink. Notice the Clear Wink Of Stella on the flowers? It’s gorgeous in person. And the addition of a small cluster of pearls in the center of each flower. So many pretty details!
This is how I created today’s card:
- Card Base: Calypso Coral Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Seaside Spray Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use a Blending Brush and Seaside Spray Ink on the right-hand side and top to add ink very lightly. Make it subtle. Stamp the detailed leaf image around the bottom, left side and partial top using Garden Green Ink. Stamp the bold image inside the leaves using Garden Green Ink by first stamping on a scrap piece of paper and without reinking for a lighter effect. Repeat for all of the leaves.
- Stamp the detailed flower image a few times using Garden Green Ink. Stamp the bold image on the inside of each flower using Calypso Coral Ink.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment to the right above the leaves in Garden Green Ink. Glue layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Hummingbird: Stamp the detailed image of the hummingbird on a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock using Garden Green Ink. Stamp the inside of the hummingbird with the bold image using Seaside Spray Ink stamped on scrap paper first and without reinking for a lighter effect. Hand-cut the hummingbird with Paper Snips and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Color each flower with Clear Wink Of Stella and add a cluster of three Pearl Jewels to the center of each flower.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!