Hello and Happy Saturday! I have two posts for you today. An earlier post is for our Saturday Blog Hop so you can click HERE to go to my home page and scroll down to view it. I have a super pretty card for the hop. What is kind of neat is without knowing it, I used the same designer paper pack and colored it like I did for today’s Stamp Set Feature project:
The True Love Designer Paper is a whole pack of black and white paper and you can use it as is or add color like I did on this card. I actually had this layer sitting on my counter because I had used it in one of my Facebook Live classes to show everyone how to use Blending Brushes. I blended three colors on this panel but if you look closely, when overlapping the colors, I actually created 2 additional colors.
I decided to use the butterfly image from A Touch Of Ink for my feature today. I love the 2-Step Stamping Technique and how the colored bold image fills in the detailed image and mimics the look of watercoloring.
Want to copy this card? Here are my steps:
- Card Base: Seaside Spray Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Mango Melody Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: True Love Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use Blending Brushes too add Highland Heather Ink, Mango Melody Ink and Seaside Spray Ink. If you overlap them, you’ll end up with five colors. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Rectangle Stitched Dies. Stamp the detailed butterfly image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Stamp the bold butterfly image using Mango Melody Ink. Stamp the dotted image around the butterfly using Seaside Spray Ink. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Seaside Spray Cardstock 3-1/4″ x 3/4″. Stamp the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut the ends with the Banners Pick A Punch. Glue to stamped layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Matte Black Dots to the background.