Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Spring Flowers. Stampin’ Up! always does well with their stamp sets and designer papers when it comes to flowers. We have so many to pick from. I am always amazed that with each catalog debut, they always seem to outdo themselves.
The True Love Designer Paper is no exception. I actually used a sheet with the larger flower images, colored them with Stampin’ Blends Markers, cut the images with my Paper Snips and glued each flower cluster in place with Stampin’ Dimensionals:
The polka dot background is from the same designer paper package and I sponged a tiny bit of color with my Blending Brushes. I love that I left most of the background white. My finishing touch was to add a pretty double-bow using the Black 3/8″ Organdy Ribbon:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: True Love Designer Paper (polka dots) 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use a Blending Brush and Pool Party Ink to add ink very lightly in different areas on the paper. Keep a lot of white showing also. Glue to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut with circle #2 from the Stitched Shapes Dies. Glue to card front more towards the top using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Flowers: Color some of the flowers from the sheet of True Love Designer Paper with the larger flowers using Highland Heather & Pool Party Stampin’ Blends Markers. Hand-cut and glue around the sentiment and even with the edges.
- Ribbon: Create a double-bow using the Black 3/8″ Organdy Ribbon and glue using Mini Glue Dots.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: