I entered today’s card as my submission for a challenge on one of the teams I belong to. The challenge was to create some negative space with a die. If you keep scrolling and viewing the close-up photos, you’ll see the Crushed Curry Cardstock layer sits back under the designer paper and the focal layer is raised in the center:
I’ve started using some of the new products that will debut on June 4th in the new 2019-2020 Annual Catalog by Stampin’ Up!. These are the new products you see on this card:
- Believe You Can (Host Stamp Set)
- Garden Lane Designer Paper
- Stitched Nested Labels Dies
I stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink and used a Blender Pen to color using the inked lines of my image. I also added a little bit of Crushed Curry Ink. I wanted to leave quite a bit of white space:
And I used the Detailed Trio Punch in each corner of the designer paper so that the Crushed Curry Cardstock would peek through the punched detail:
- Card Base: Mossy Meadow Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Crushed Curry Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Garden Lane Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Punch the four corners using the Detailed Trio Punch. Cut out the center using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies that measure 4-1/4″ long. Glue to Crushed Curry Cardstock layer.
- Layer #4: Stamp the sentiment detailed image using Mossy Meadow Ink. Color the leaves using the inked lines and a Blender Pen. Color some of the flowers and part of the ribbon using Crushed Curry Ink and a Blender Pen. Stamp the sentiment inside the ribbon using Crushed Curry Ink. Cut the shape out with the die that measures 3-3/4″ long. Glue to card center using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Believe You Can (Host Stamp Set)
- Designer Paper: Garden Lane Designer Paper
- Inks: Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry
- Cardstock: Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
- Tools: Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Blender Pen
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!