Dave and I are heading home from the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip to Thailand today. Another long flight home and I’m sure I’ll have lots to share with you. Please pray for our safe return! In the meantime, welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary!
Today’s theme is “shaped cards”. Not only did I shape my card, I turned it into an Easel Card too!
I used the Lots Of Labels Dies to create the shape using Fresh Fig Cardstock and added Whisper White Cardstock layers stamped with the Wood Words stamp set. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of my star in the front to serve as a stopper, to hold the easel portion in place:
All of the smaller layers were cut using the Wood Crate Framelits Dies and I tucked some Gold Metallic Thread in the middle:
Steps to create this card:
- Card Base: Fresh Fig Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Place the largest die from the Lots of Labels Die on the card base so that the fold is on the inside of the die. Cut through both layers of the cardstock using the Big Shot Machine. Open the cardstock piece and score one layer only in the very center horizontally. Fold on score line to resemble Photo #2 above.
- Layer #2: Fresh Fig Cardstock cut with the same die as the card base. One-layer only. Glue to the card base front half only that is folded over.
- Layer #3: Using die #2, cut one using Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the flower image using Pumpkin Pie Ink at the bottom. Stamp the sentiment above the flowers. Using the star stamp and Fresh Fig Ink, stamp above the flowers. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Using die #2, cut one using Whisper White Cardstock. Glue to the base of the easel card.
- Stamped Images: Stamp (2) stars using Fresh Fig Ink, (1) heart using Pool Party Ink and (1) Circle using Pumpkin Pie Ink. Cut all four of the images with the coordinating dies. Glue one of the stars on the base for the stopper using Stampin’ Dimensionals and stamp the stars image on both sides of the star with Fresh Fig Ink. Glue the circle image to card front flat. Add the star and heart layered over the circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Twine: Loop the Gold Metallic Thread 5-6 times around your fingers and tuck under the heart & star with a Glue Dot.
- Stamps: Wood Words
- Inks: Pool Party, Fresh Fig, Pumpkin Pie
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Fresh Fig
- Accessories: Gold Metallic Thread
- Tools: Wood Crate Framelits Dies, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: