Dave and I live out in the country and we own 2 acres of property. We have lots and lots of trees and evergreens on our property. I’ve seen a few cards lately, using the Pressed Leaves Background Technique. I marched my butt outdoors and right to our red maple tree with my scissors and snipped me some gorgeous red maple leaves. I wanted to try this technique and I thought the red maple would be perfect. What do you think?
I ended up snipping three leaves off of one of our trees. I placed two of them on on my Whisper White Cardstock layer, more towards the top. Now, it has hardly rained here all summer in Maine. It has been so dry here all summer so I was a little worried that my leaves may not have had enough moisture in them. Once I ran the first two leaves through the Big Shot Machine, I placed the third one at the bottom left and over the images of the other two leaves and again used my Big Shot Machine. The layering effect of the leaves worked rather well I think. You can see how dark the second pass turned out on the third leaf:
I think with more moisture, I would have had darker impressions. I also dry-embossed the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder on the Flirty Flamingo Cardstock layer. The background looks quite lovely with the leaf theme I have going on. The two die-cut leaves are from the Seasonal Layers Framelits Dies using Lemon Lime Twist and Early Espresso Cardstocks.
And speaking of leaves, fall is on the way and we have a “Fall Into Savings” Paper Pumpkin promotion going on until September 10th. If you sign up as a new subscriber to Paper Pumpkin, you’ll receive your first kit at 50% off!
Why would you want to subscribe under me as your Paper Pumpkin demonstrator? Because this is what you receive from me each month:
- · My Paper Pumpkin Newsletter that shows you alternative projects that I myself complete with my kit. I will include photo and text instructions for each project so you may copy if you wish.
- · Links to the Paper Pumpkin Pinterest Board for myself and Stampin’ Up!
- · Links to the Paper Pumpkin YouTube video each month by Stampin’ Up! and I also try to create videos each month with some of my projects.
- · Exclusive Projects from the Paper Pumpkin Gurus Team that I belong to that only our subscribers receive each month, no one else.
- · A reminder each month when additional kit refills are added for sale. If you fall in love with a kit, refills become available but sell out fast so you need to act quickly!
- A free thank you gift from me!
Please remember that although not all kits contain greeting cards each month, and are a surprise to all of us, our Paper Pumpkin Gurus team will show you how to use your 3D projects and turn them into cards or scrapbook pages. Our projects differ each month. Stay tuned for lots & lots of fun! Sign up here:
DEBBIE’S PAPER PUMPKIN STORE
DEBBIE’S PAPER PUMPKIN STORE
Today’s card supplies:
Misc: Real Leaves!
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack – up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team
August Host Code: EJZYSZ3A