A Summer Theme Challenge is the topic for today at Pals Paper Arts. What does summer mean to you?
My card: What does summertime mean to you?
- BBQ’s with friends and family
- Sipping drinks by the pool or on the deck
- Bon Fires, smores, marshmallows
- Gardening, vegetable and flower gardens
- Bright colors
- Birds singing in the air
- The smell of freshly mowed lawns
- Four-wheeling with family and friends
- Hanging laundry on the closeline resulting in fresh outdoorsy aroma’s
The card I created for today reminds me mostly of the sun, brightly colored flowers and a breath of fresh air!
First Layer: I used Daffodil Delight cardstock embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder
Second Layer: Have you ever made your own background? I used the Circles Die and my Big Shot to cut out several sized circles. I placed them on my Big Shot Platform, layer with Whisper White cardstock, layer the Texturz Silicone Rubber Pad, followed by the Texturz Impressions Pad. Look at the circles I created for the background.
Third Layer: Fancy Flower Punch, Punched Posies Hostess Stamp Set, 1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon in Old Olive, Modern Label Punch, Word Window, On Your Birthday Stamp Set. Notice the little bugs on my card? Those are actually meant to be used as the body for a butterfly stamp in this stamp set but I thought they looked so cute all by themselves!
Ink: Sahara Sand and Daffodil Delight.
- My Information:
- Debbie Henderson
- Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
- Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/