Oh The Places We Will Go is our theme this week for our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. How fun! I went in a different direction for the theme by using the One Wild Ride stamp set. You have to get to those places we will go in some manner right?
I loved that the sentiment read “Life’s A Journey Enjoy The Ride” and layered it over a 2nd banner from the Badges & Banners stamp set:
Do you like the Silver Foil Sheet that I embossed with the Hexagons Embossing Folder? It is gorgeous as a layer to serve as a back drop for all of my other layers:
And did you notice the scalloped border that I added under the motorcycle layer? I used the Best Badge Punch to create scallops as shown below:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Silver Foil Sheets 4″ x 5-1/4″. Emboss using the Hexagons Embossing Folder. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Smoky Slate Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 2-1/2″. Stamp the motorcycle to the right using Basic Black Ink. Add the specks image below the motorcycle using Basic Black Ink to look like dirt. Set aside.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 2″. Use the Best Badge Punch to create a border as shown in the photo above. Glue to the underside of Layer #3. Glue to card front closer to the right.
- Banners: Stamp the striped banner using Basic Black Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment banner using Basic Black Ink on Tangerine Tango Cardstock. Cut both out using the Best Badge Punch. Glue in place on card front.
- Mini Banner: Stamp the smallest banner using Basic Black Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Hand-cut and glue to card front.
- Long Banner: Stamp on Whisper White Cardstock using Basic Black Ink. Hand-cut and glue in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamps: One Wild Ride, Badges & Banners
- Inks: Basic Black
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Silver Foil Sheets
- Tools: Best Badge Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Hexagons Embossing Folder
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:
Did you miss signing up for our April Mini Session? You can still sign up to view all of our projects which include step-by-step tutorials. Here’s the Sneak Peek of the following stamp sets:
Balloon Adventures Bundle
Custom Tee Bundle
Oh So Succulent Bundle