Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. How are your December projects and tasks coming along? I did manage to get my Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving this year. Early for me! Now I need to work on mailing out my Christmas cards. I haven’t mailed any out yet. Dave will help me this weekend and we’ll get it done!
This week for our blog hop theme, we are creating projects with the “Oh Christmas Tree” theme. This is mine:
I can’t believe that this stamp set had NOT seen any ink until now. I love the tree image from the Shine Bright stamp set. I actually created my own green-colored inked embossing by first inking the image with VersaMark Ink and then inking on top of that with Garden Green Ink. By layering the inks on the stamp in this manner, the VersaMark keeps the green ink wet so you can sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder and then melt with a Heat Tool. This is a close-up of the coloring where I used the Dark Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends, Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends and Light Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends. I then adorned the tree with Gold Glitter Enamel Dots:
- Card Base: Garden Green Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Toile Tidings Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Ribbon: Add Snail Adhesive strips to the center of card front. Glue the Garden Green Double-Stitched Ribbon in a zigzag formation.
- Layer #3: Using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies, cut the largest shape using Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the image as I described above and color with Stampin’ Blends and add the bling. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a 1/2″ Whisper White Cardstock strip in the same manner as the inked tree. Snip both ends into a banner shape and glue to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: