Good Morning Stampers! It’s Sneak Peek time. The Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs will be here before you know it. One of the very first things I do when I receive the catalog is to make a few cards using the samples in the catalog. The Occasions Catalog is checkerblockfull of birthday, floral and my very favorite….a masculine suite of products. When you receive your catalog, if you turn to page 38, that’s where the inspiration for this card comes from:
I love the way the designer used 4 different designer papers for the card. The designer paper is called Going Places and it comes as a stack of 6″ x 6″ sheets. 48 of them! I’ll be offering product shares again as I always do and this will be part of the share. Look for those to post on January 5th.
The star is cut with the Stars Framelits Dies. I scored at each inner & outer tip and folded in opposite directions. I added little pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals to keep it popped up like you see in the photo. Here are the steps to creating this card:
- Card Base: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score in the center at 4-1/4″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Going Places Designer Paper Stack, glue one sheet to your card base at an angle and trim around the edges with a paper cutter or scissors.
- Layer #3: Going Places Designer Paper Stack (different patterned sheet) 1″ x 5-1/2″. Glue to card front about 1″ from the bottom. (I opted not the cut one end into a banner shape).
- Star: Using the Stars Framelits Dies #3 & #4 and the Going Places Designer Paper (different patterned sheet), place two stars inside each other to cut a star frame. Score at the tip of each star and and at the inner tips also. Fold on each score line in opposite directions (mountain fold and valley fold). Add a small piece of Stampin’ Dimensionals cut with your scissors at the tip of each star on the underside and glue in place on your card front.
- Banner: Using the Going Places Designer Paper (different patterned sheet), cut one using the smallest banner from the Bitty Banners Framelits Dies. Add liquid glue to the top of the star where the banner will be glued and hold in place for a bit to secure.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Basic Black Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and cut out using the 1″ Circle Punch. Glue over the banner using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Glue a few star shapes from the Metallics Sequin Assortement!
- Stamps: Going Global
- Inks: Basic Black
- Cardstock: Whisper White
- Designer Paper: Going Places Designer Paper Stack
- Accessories: Metallics Sequin Assortment
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Stars Framelits Dies, Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 1″ Circle Punch
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!