Yesterday was the first Thursday of the month which happened to be the date of my October Online Workshop that I host LIVE on my group Facebook page. I created nine projects total during my workshop. I always start out with either a technique, card fold or tip. This month I showed how to do a technique using a sanding block. I embossed the designer paper layer with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder and then sanded the embossing with a sanding block while the paper was still inside the embossing folder:
You can see how Stampin’ Up!’s designer paper has white core on the inside so when the paper is sanded, the white core appears to give it some interest. The designer paper used was the Trimming The Town Designer Paper:
- Stamps & Dies: Cherish The Season Bundle (153417)
- Inks: Misty Moonlight (153118)
- Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Balmy Blue (146982), Granny Apple Green (146990), Silver Foil (132178)
- Accessories: Misty Moonlight Ribbon (153624)
- Designer Paper: Trimming The Town (153491)
- Tools: Tin Tile Embossing Folder (151801), Rectangles Stitched Dies (151820), Stampin’ Dimensionals (100430), Sanding Block
- Card Base: Balmy Blue Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
#2: Trimming The Town Designer Paper 5=1/4″ x 4″. Emboss using the Tin
Tile Embossing Folder. Leave the designer paper inside the folder and
use a sanding block to sand the bumps. Glue to card front.
- Ribbon: Wrap the ribbon around the card front and tie into a bow at the left.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock cut wit he Rectangle Stitched Dies. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Cut the 3 jingle bells diecuts using Silver Foil Sheets. Glue to card
front on the rectangle. Use the dies a 2nd time with Granny Apple Green
Cardstock. Use the holly leaves to glue to the inside of the silver
- Sprigs: Cut 2
large sprigs and 3 small sprigs using the dies and Granny Apple Green
Cardstock. Glue to the top of the bells and one on the bottom as shown.
Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Balmy Blue Cardstock that measures
3/4″ wide using Misty Moonlight Ink. Trim the ends close to the
sentiment. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Trimming The Town Designer Paper (153491)
- Everything Essential Stamp Set (153382)
- Bundle Save 10% (155211)
- Essential Tag Punch (153607)
- Just Jade Cardstock (153079)
- Soft Suede Cardstock (115318)
- Whisper White Cardstock (100730)
- Just Jade Ink: 153115)
- Real Red Ink (147084)
- Real Red Rhinestones (146924)
- Real Red 3/8″ Sheer Ribbon (153535)
- Soft Suede Ink (147115)
- Paper Snips (103579)
And my final projects, are the 5 Make & Takes:
These 5 projects are my FREE kits that will be sent to everyone that orders using the host code that I have set up for the workshop with an order of $35 and if your order reaches $50, you will also earn a FREE spool of the Misty Moonlight In Color Ribbon to use on your projects! The deadline to order is Monday, October 5th.
I used the same designer paper on all of the cards that
I used on Card #1 that I showed you.
It was fun to show the two cards below along
with coordinating gift tags:
I will be loading the video on YouTube today sometime and will come
back here and add it to my post later so check back soon!