My Christmas gift to you is to save 20% on all of your Stampin’ Up! purchases during the month of December through my Online Store and receive my FREE card kit of the month. My FREE card kit will post a little later as I want to use a brand new stamp set from the Occasions 2018 Catalog. A check for the 20% will be mailed to your with your card kit. No Hostess Code needed in December! This is my way of thanking you for supporting me in 2017! Note that this is my own promotion only as an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. Any amount welcome! Please shop my Stampin’ Up! Online Store here and while there, check out the Year-End Sales Event with huge discounts on retiring and surplus Holiday Catalog products:
And now on to today’s project. Did you happen to notice the black & white plaid in the Merry Little Christmas Designer Paper pack? Did you also know you can sponge or brayer ink color to change it all up like this:
I used Pacific Point Ink on half a sheet of the designer paper and Powder Pink Ink on the other half. I love how both of the 1/2 sheets turned out. Today I will show you projects I created using the Pacific Point 1/2 sheet:
I knew I wanted to keep most of what I stamped white so that it would pop against the plaid so that how I started the card. I stamped the two white trees from the Santa’s Sleigh stamp set usign Basic Black Ink and cut them both out using the Santa’s Sleigh Thinlits Dies. Here are the layers I used:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Merry Little Christmas (plaid) Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Cut a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper 3-3/4″ wide and hand cut the curves on the snow. Mine measures about 1-1/2″ tall. Glue to the bottom of the plaid layer.
- Trees: Stamp two trees using Basic Black Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Using Basic Black Ink, stamp and cut one wreath using Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock and a bow using Melon Mambo Cardstock. Cut with the dies and place the wreath over one of the trees. Glue both trees in place by tucking the tree trunk under the snow bank.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock using Basic Black Ink and cut as close as you can with the Paper Trimmer. Cut the two ends into a “V” and glue in place using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals:
Once my card was completed, I started working on the coordinating tag:
I glued a piece of the plaid designer paper over a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to make it more sturdy. Both pieces measure 2″ x 4-1/4″ and I used the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to shape the top. I glued both pieces together and then threaded Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon through the hole and tied a bow around the ribbon using White Baker’s Twine.
The remainder of the tag layers were created just like the card except I cut up the sentiment into three words and glued them vertically:
How about a Mini Pizza Box for treats?
I again coordinated this project with everything else by adding layers of cardstock and plaid:
- Layer #1: Basic Black Cardstock 3″ x 3″. Glue to the top of the box.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″. Set aside.
- Layer #3: Plaid Designer Paper 1″ x 2-3/4″. Glue to the bottom of the Whisper White Cardstock layer. Stamp the sentiment above the plaid using Basic Black Ink.
- Circles: Cut (3) plaid circles and (2) Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper circles using the 1/2″ Circel Punch. Glue all five circles above the sentiment.
- Wreate: Create a wreath in the same manner as you did for the card and glue on the white layer using little pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Glue to the top of the Mini Pizza Box.
And finally, a Mini Coffee Cup:
These coffee cups are the 4 oz. size with lids and can be purchased through any restaurant supply stores. I puchased mine here: Webstaurant Store and as far as a pattern to cut the designer paper for the cup, use one cup and take it apart to use as a pattern!
I hope you enjoyed my inked up plaid projects for today. I’ll have the Powder Pink plaid projects posted soon! Here are all of the supplies I used. You can click on the products to go directly to my Online Store:
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store