When I first glanced at the new Mojo Monday sketch for this week, my immediate reaction was “masculine” even though the sketch above has a ribbon and a scallop oval included. Did you know a little snippet of cardstock can replace a ribbon and tone it down? Here is my card for this week:
I received a new order of SU! goodies last week and the stamp set “Countryside” was a new one for me! I love any of the images that require watercoloring.
The watercoloring supplies I used for this card include a “Blender Pen” and my “Stampin’ Pastels”. For those of you that don’t know this, “Stampin’ Pastels” are chalks. Very simple to use….just dip your “Blender Pen” directly into the chalks and color. I also sponged the edges of the image layer with “Chocolate Chip Ink” and a “Sponge Dauber”.
Do you ever cut up your cardstock only to have little tiny pieces left over? Do you feel guilty for throwing them away? I keep all my leftovers…..you just never know when you might need just a small piece. Notice the 2 strips of “Certainly Celery” cardstock? Not only did I use leftovers, I also replaced the use of ribbon to make this card even more masculine. The “Chocolate Chip” piece of cardstock was embossed with my “Big Shot” and the “Square Lattice Impressions Folder”.
- Stamp Sets: Countryside, Tiny Tags, Afterthoughts
- Cardstock: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
- Accessories: Brads
- Punches: Curly Label, Tiny Tags
- Inks: Chocolate Chip
- Big Shot, Square Lattice Impressions Folder, Blender Pen, Stampin’ Pastels, Sponge Dauber
- Debbie Henderson
- Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
- Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/