The challenge for this week at Merry Monday is simply to use a Santa image:
The card I ended up with is nothing at all that I designed in my head! How funny is that? Here’s my card for this week:
I decided to add trees in the background, then I decided to add snow, then came the Glimmer Paper and the Seam Binding….whoa, I had to stop myself! My Santa is embossed and heat set with Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder. I fussy cut him and then added a little bit of color to his beard, hat and cuffs with a Blender Pen & Soft Suede Ink:
Notice the little scroll at the bottom of Santa’s list? I rolled a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, glue the end of my paper down, dipped each end in VersaMark Ink and dipped a 2nd time in Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, heated with my Heat Tool and then used a Blender Pen dipped in Soft Suede Ink to “dirty” up the scroll.
- Cardstock: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Glimmer Paper
- Inks: Old Olive, Soft Sky, Soft Suede, VersaMark
- Stamps: Evergreen, Gorgeous Grunge, Greetings of the Season, Santa’s List
- Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Baker’s Twine
- Tools: Heat Tool, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Did you know that we are in our 2nd week of our Winter Collections
2013 at Create with Connie & Mary. If you missed Preview week, visit
our blog for some inspiration and FREE tutorials. It is also not too
late to join in and subscribe. Read more about HERE!
Thanks for stopping by to visit!