Hi Stampers and Merry Christmas Eve to all of you. I have run out of Christmas projects to post so today’s card is actually a thank you card. Everyone needs thank you cards, especially after Christmas! You will see one more awesome (I promise) Christmas card tomorrow that I kept for Christmas day!
I made this card a few weeks ago when the Stitched Shaped Framelits Dies were a hot item. Good news also, the dies will be available again in mid-January when Stampin’ Up! restocks the store!
So I had a little bit of fun with this card. Notice all the “holes” in my cardstock? I used the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies to create the holes that I could stamp into once this layer was adhered to the card base. Look at all of my left-over pieces….do you see another card in the future? Wouldn’t these make great pieces to use in a Shaker Card?
The stamp sets I used to stamp on Layer #2 are the Gorgeous Grunge and Love & Affection. Here are my layers if you would like to create a card just like this one:
- Card Base: Whisper White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score in the center at 5-1/2″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use the flower die from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies to cut holes throughout the whole cardstock piece. Stamp the corners using Dapper Denim Ink and the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. Glue cardstock layer in place over the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Stamp the small flower image using Dapper Denim Ink in all of the die-cut holes.
- Layer #3: Glue a strip of Moroccan Designer Paper measuring 1″ x 4″ about 1″ from the bottom.
- Layer #4: Cut a square using Whisper White Cardstock and the Stitched Shaped Framelits Dies measuring 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″. Glue to card front as shown in the photo.
- I then cut a 2nd square with the same dies using Moroccan Designer Paper to match the strip. The square measures 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″ glue to the center of the Whisper White Cardstock square.
- Stamped images: Stamp a variety of flowers, branches and leaves using Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz and Tempting Turquoise Cardstocks. Hand-cut and glue to the center of the square.
- Pine Branches: Cut a few pine branches using the Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies and Pear Pizzazz Cardstock. Tuck a few amongst the flowers and leaves.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a pieces of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 1/2″ x 2″. Snip the two ends into a “V” and glue in place at the bottom of the flowers.
- Bling: Add Rhinestone Jewels to the center of each flower.
- Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Love & Affection
- Inks: Dapper Denim, Pear Pizzazz
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
- DSP: Moroccan
- Tools: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stitched Shaped Framelits Dies, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies