Today I created a card with two techniques….Stenciling……..and……Stamping Off. Both are super easy and yes, you can do it too! Give it a try:
- Stenciling: For this card I used the “hole” from a circle cut-out as a stencil. My circle was made using my Big Shot and the Circle Die but you can use any type of circle you have on hand. Position your circle stencil on your cardstock piece. My card uses Whisper White”. Using a sponge and Marina Mist ink, sponge the ink by starting on the edges of the stencil and working your way in. As you notice on mine, I used more ink on the bottom edges so that the top of the sky appears lighter and fading.
- Stamping Off: Once the stenciling is completed, we will be adding trees. I used a single tree from the stamp set Lovely As A Tree. I inked it up in Wild Wasabi ink and then used a Stampin’ Write Marker to color in the trunk of the tree. Remove your circle stencil from your cardstock piece. For the first stamped image, I stamped the tree a little bit on the outside of the sky stencil you just created, as you can see by the photo. Before stamping again, add your stencil in place over what you just stamped so that all you can see is the circle. Without cleaning your stamp or reinking, stamp again off to the left side of the first tree you stamped. This is called Stamping Off. The second image appears lighter and faded into the background. Ink your tree stamp again, this time stamp it on a scrap paper to remove some of the ink, and stamp on top of your stencil a second time to the right side of your first tree. You now have 2 trees sitting in the background with the faded look.
- I rounded the corners of my Whisper White layer with the Corner Rounder and layered over a cardstock layer of Wild Wasabi. The sentiment is from Heard From the Heart. Complete your card by adding 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon in Early Espresso.
Enjoy your day today! Try something new and amaze yourself!
Heard From The Heart Stamp Set: #111644, Set of 4, Wood Mount $22.95, Clear Mount #120006, $16.95
Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set: Item #115026 Wood Mount, set of 6, $27.95
- My Information:
- Debbie Henderson
- Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
- Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/