Before I talk about Katie’s workshop, have you signed up for our Fall Edition Collection at Create with Connie & Mary yet? We just completed Week 2 of projects. Our
Fall Collection 2013 subscription features stamp sets from the holiday and our main Stampin’ Up! catalogs!!!! Only $24.95 US, that’s just $1 a project with
full step-by-step photo tutorials! On Saturday we offer a challenge
for everyone to play along…this week we have a fun sketch challenge for
you to try!
So…what’s the FALL COLLECTION all about? 4 weeks of daily projects
EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren’t shown ANYWHERE else!
Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps!
Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24 to see what we’re
all about! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you
have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself!
You don’t want to miss it!
And now on to Katie’s Workshop! I had the pleasure of meeting a new group of girls a few weeks ago (Hi Girls!). We had a great time and the girls kept me in stitches the whole time. Here is the first card I demonstrated:
I stamped the Hello Doily stamp as the background using Baked Brown Sugar Ink on Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock and layered from there:
- Cardstock: Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White
- DSP: Sweater Weather
- Inks: Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Autumn Accents Die, Word Window Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stamps: Hello Doily, Wonderfall, Teeny Tiny Wishes
For Card #2 I showed how to ink up Vellum Cardstock:
I stamped the poinsettia image from the Joyful Christmas Stamp Set using StazOn Jet Black Ink and colored the vellum using Sponge Daubers on the back of the flower. The inks used were Blushing Bride and Strawberry Slush:
- Cardstock: Strawberry Slush, Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum
- Inks: Smoky Slate, StazOn Jet Black
- Stamps: Joyful Christmas, Joy To The World, Music Notes Standard Wheel
- Accessories: Very Vintage Designer Buttons
- Tools: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
Card #3: Make n Take:
All of the attendees of our workshop made this card to take home with them. We added stamped images for the background using the Gorgeous Grunge and Off The Grid Stamp Sets:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate
- Inks: Midnight Muse, Strawberry Slush, Smoky Slate
- Accessories: Pearl Jewels
- Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Off The Grid, Gorgeous Grunge, Sketched Birthday
Thanks for stopping by to visit!