I was browsing for a challenge to join in and found a theme that I fell in love with at Just Us Girls….butterflies! How could I not play? Most of you know butterflies are my favorite. Here’s the challenge graphic:
And my card sporting butterflies:
- Card Base: (2) pieces of Crushed Curry Cardstock. One measuring 4″ x 7″. Score at 1/2″ on one end and fold. Piece two measures 4″ x 6-1/2″. Add glue to the fold on piece one and glue piece two on the fold.
- Layer #2: Garden Green Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 6-1/4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 3-1/2″ x 6″. Using the Pineapple stamp, color the top portion with a Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker and the bottom portion with a Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Markers. Sponge Delightful Dijon Ink on top of the Crushed Curry Ink to add shading. Color the bottom portion of the pineapple with Clear Wink Of Stella. Add a string of 8 Rhinestone Jewels to the bottom of the pineapple. Set aside.
- Stamp 3 butterflies from the Butterfly Basics using Flirty Flamingo Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock and cut out using the Bitty Butterfly Punch. Fold all butterflies in the center and glue to card front so the wings are elevated.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from Confetti Celebration using Flirty Flamingo Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock and hand-cut so it’s skinning, leaving some length on the left-hand side. Fold the left-hand side over towards the top and staple to the card.
- Glue the Whisper White layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Pineapple,
- Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Whisper White
- Inks: Crushed Curry, Delightful Dijon, Garden Green, Flirty Flamingo
- Accessories: Clear Wink Of Stella
- Tools: Bitty Butterfly Punch, Rhinestone Jewels
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
It’s almost here! Did you sign up yet? Our May Mini showcasing products from the new Annual Catalog. Read more at Create with Connie & Mary!