Homemade icicles, that’s what we will be talking about today. I’ve seen this done before and finally decided to go for it! Look at the cute little icicles hangin’ at the top of my card:
And here is how you can create them for yourselves….
Using Crystal Effects and wax paper, squeeze the bottle gently and “hand draw” your icicles. If you look in the photo, I used a guide under my wax paper to ensure a straight line.
Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds Glitter while the Crystal Effects is wet.
Allow to dry completely and peel off of the wax paper. I let mine dry 24 hours to make sure it wouldn’t tear on me. After all that work you wouldn’t want to fail! Trim to fit your cardstock layer!
It is so pretty and glittery in person:
Notice in both of these photo’s that I used the new Dazzling Details, an iridescent glitter glue with a narrow tip so you can easily control where you add it:
- Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Marina Mist
- DSP: In-Color 2011-2013 Paper Pack
- Stamp Sets: Snow Much Fun
- Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Watercolor Crayons
- Tools: Modern Label Punch, Crystal Effects, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Dazzling Details, Blender Pen
- Miscellaneous: Wax Paper