Hi Stampers! I have a new card for you today featuring a pocket to slide a 2nd piece into. This is called a “Horizontal Pocket Card” and was shared by Linda Gutierrez. Here is what the card looks like with the insert tucked inside the pocket:
And this is how it pulls out with you tug on the handle at the top:
Are you ready to give this a try? Here goes…..
Cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock measuring 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 1 1/4″ and again at 4 1/4″. Fold as shown above. I used the Envelope Punch Board to round my four corners.
Add Sticky Strip to the two 4 1/4″ edges as shown above:
Remove backing from Sticky Strip and press the card sides together to form your pocket.
You will need 2 pieces of Designer Paper. I used the Fresh Prints Designer Paper.
- (1) 5 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- (1) 5 1/4″ x 1″. Round two corners with the Envelope Punch Board
Glue both pieces. One to the card front under the flap and the other to the front of the flap.
Create insert as follows:
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4 1/2″ x 4″. Round 2 corners on the 4 1/2″ side
- Real Red Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 3 3/4″. Round 2 corners on the 4 1/4″ side
- Basic Black Cardstock: 4″ x 3 1/2″. Round 2 corners on the 4″ side
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3 3/4″ x 3 1/4″. Round 2 corners on the 3 3/4″ side
Stamp the sentiment from the Million & One stamp set using StazOn Jet Black Ink. Add a tab at the top by using one Curly Label Punch and Real Red Cardstock. Fold in half and glue to panel. Add a layer cut with the Petite Curly Label Punch and Designer Paper. Pierce a hole through the label and add a Glimmer Brad.
Stamp the sentiment from the Four You stamp set using Whisper White Cardstock and StazOn Jet Black Ink. Cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies. Add a Glimmer Brad at the end of the label and glue in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tie a ribbon around the flap using Basic Black 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon!
- Stamps: Million & One, Four You
- Inks: StazOn Jet Black
- DSP: Fresh Prints
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
- Accessories: Glimmer Brads, 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon
- Tools: Envelope Punch Board, Curly Label Punch, Petite Curly Label Punch, Sticky Strip, Big Shot Machine, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by to visit!