I have and oldie but goodie for you today called the Herringbone Technique. It’s a great way to use up scraps of designer paper you may be hoarding. I used the Hand Penned Designer Paper for today’s project. Once I had all of my layers glued down, I added a die-cut flower in the center:
- Card Base: Gorgeous Grape Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Hand Penned Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Gorgeous Grape Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Herringbone Layer following the tutorial glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #5: Basic White Cardstock 3″ x 1/4″. Stamp the sentiment from the Hand Penned Petals stamp set using Gorgeous Grape Ink. Glue to the bottom of the herringbone layer about 1/4″ from the bottom.
- Die-cut: Cut two flower diecuts from the Penned Flowers Dies. One with Gorgeous Grape Cardstock and one with Basic White Cardstock. Glue the Gorgeous Grape flower to the center of the card front. Use the guts from the Basic White diecut flower to fill in the holes on the Gorgeous Grape flower. Color the flowers using Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush.