Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. This week we are all creating cute Halloween cards. I love Halloween, it’s actually my favorite holiday to create cards for. I’ve been so busy lately that I really haven’t had time to create many this year so I was glad for our theme this week. This is the cute Halloween card I came up with:
I thought that using some softer colors along with the black would make this card “cute”. The stamp set I used is the Spooky Sweets set that coordinates with the Spooky Bats Punch. Love those bats!
The splatter stamp image made it easy to create a multi-colored background after I sponged my moon and added the sentiment. You can create a card just like this one by following these steps:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Highland Heather Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Using a 2″ Circle Punch, punch a hole using a piece of scrap paper. Use the hole as a stencil in the upper left-hand corner. Sponge Pineapple Punch Ink inside the circle with a Sponge Dauber. Stamp the sentiment inside the moon using Smoky Slate Ink. Using the splatter image from the Spooky Sweets stamp set, add ink splatters using Bermuda Bay, Highland Heather and Smoky Slate Inks repeatedly. Glue cardstock layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bats: Stamp two sets of bats on Smoky Slate Cardstock. One set using Basic Black Ink and one set using Smoky Slate Ink. Cut using the Spooky Bats Punch. Glue all of the bats in place using Mini Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Spooky Sweets
- Inks: Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Pineapple Punch, Bermuda Bay
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Highland Heather, Whisper White
- Tools: Spooky Bats Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals, 2″ Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: