Good Saturday morning and welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Today we are all creating cards with a “Fun Edge” to them. I used the Christmas Sweaters stamp set for my project today:
Can you spy my fun edge? I used the Best Badge Punch to create a scalloped edge. I cut one edge using the punch and then embossed the Old Olive Cardstock piece with the Holly Embossing Folder. I used my VersaMark Ink Pad to add ink to the scalloped edge and dipped it in White Embossing Powder so it would stand out against the designer paper layer.
See how I used my punch for the scallops?
I drew a straight line with a pencil and then lined up my punch using the line. It’s easier done this way and turning the punch so you can see inside the hole of the punch.
Aren’t the Christmas Sweaters just so cute? If you are a regular subscriber of our Mini Subscriptions, this is the stamp set that I’ll be using for the November Mini. I just completed my cards this past weekend and if I do say so myself….the cards are adorable.
For these two sweaters, I stamped with colored ink and then used a Blender Pen to grab the inked lines and spread the color. This technique is called Coloring With The Lines:
- Card Base: Crumb Cake Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Quilted Christmas Designer Paper 4″ x 5-1/4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Old Olive Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 5″. Cut the edge with the Best Badge punch as shown above. Emboss the cardstock with the Holly Embossing Folder. Add VersaMark Ink to the scalloped edge. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and use the Heat Tool to melt the powder. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Glue a Foil Snowflake flipped over to the white side to card front about 1-1/2″ from the bottom.
- Banner: Stamp the sentiment using Real Red Ink on a Whisper White Cardstock piece that measures 1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Trim both ends into a “V”. Glue below the Foil Snowflake using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sweaters: Stamp the striped sweater using Real Red Ink. Use a Blender Pen to color with the lines. Glue to the Foil Snowflake on the left. Stamp the 2nd sweater using Old Olive Ink. Use a Blender Pen to color with the lines, the Old Olive Ink. Color the Santa using Real Red Ink. Glue sweater in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish: Cut a Boxwood Wreath into small sections and glue to the underside of the Santa sweater using Glue Dots.
- Stamps: Christmas Sweaters
- Inks: Old Olive, Real Red, VersaMark
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White
- Accessories: Boxwood Wreath, Foil Snowflakes
- Tools: Holly Embossing Folder, Best Badge Punch, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Paper Snips
- DSP: Quilted Christmas
COMING SOON IN OCTOBER! Our new October Mini, stay tuned for more information!
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: