We gathered in my home last Monday for Trudy’s Workshop. Even though we had a small group, we had fun stamping. I am trying to use up some of my cardstock that will be retiring soon. The first card I demo’d uses two of those colors: Not Quite Navy and Regal Rose. I created these cards a few weeks ago and Not Quite Navy is now completely out of stock.
I stamped the flower image from “Blooming with Kindness” and each time I inked my stamp, I stamped the image twice without reinking, thus causing the lighter color flower in the background:
- Cardstock: Regal Rose, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
- Inks: Regal Rose, Not Quite Navy
- Accessories: In Color Dahlias
- Stamp Set: Blooming with Kindness
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Mini Glue Dots
I decided to complete another “Stepped Up” version of a simple card. The card above was created as a note card with no sentiment. As you can see I stamped a background by inking and stamping a Clear Block and then stamped the bird image and added a strip of Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon. The card base color is River Rock Cardstock which is also retiring soon.
The stepped up version uses more products and takes a little more time to complete but what a difference our tools prove to be on this card:
I used the En Francais background stamp first, then stamped two with the inked up clear block and continued to add images with the Nature Walk stamp set:
The Always Artichoke Cardstock layer uses the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies and the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder and the Whisper White Cardstock using the edgelits only. I added a few flowers from the Punch Pack and added Rhinestone Jewels to each center and completed the card with a bow!
And finally, for the last card of the night, the girls all made this card to take home with them:
This is called a “Z” fold card. The card measured 4 1/4″ x 11″, score in the center at 5.5″ and using one of the panels, score in half again at 2 3/4″ and fold to resemble a “Z”. So sad to tell you that every single color in this card is going to disappear except for the Whisper White. Those colors are Baja Breeze, River Rock and Bravo Burgundy:
I stamped the image twice and cut the peacock’s body and glued over the first image using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamp Set: World Treasures
- Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze
- Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze, River Rock, Whisper White
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Window Frames Framelits Dies, Curly Label Punch, Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies, Hexagon Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Paper Snips
Thanks for stopping by to visit!