Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Favorite New In Color. Boy this was a hard choice. I love all of our five new In Colors. If you are late in finding out about these new colors, here’s the listing:
For me right now, today (which could change), I tend to gravitate to Fresh Freesia as my favorite. It probably depends on my mood the day I decide to create also. Does that happen to you?
I did tone-on-tone for my card by adding the same ink color, cardstock and the same colored pattern from the designer paper I chose. See how adding just a small sliver of designer paper really adds to the card? A great way to use up scraps if you save them all!
- Fresh Freesia Cardstock
- Fresh Freesia Ink
- Pansy Petals Designer Paper
- Elegantly Said Stamp Set
- Elegant Tag Punch
- Simply Elegant Trim
- Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon
- Card Base: Fresh Freesia Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Fresh Freesia Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Stamp the corner image using Fresh Freesia Ink from the Elegantly Said stamp set on the top right-hand corner and bottom left-hand corner. Set aside.
- Layer #3: Pansy Petals Designer Paper 5″ x 1″. Glue to the left side of Layer #2.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon around Layer #2 alongside the designer paper and glue to the backside on each end.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Simple Elegant Trim (gold) over the Fresh Freesia Ribbon and glue to the backside.
- Glue Layer #2 to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from the Elegantly Said stamp set using Fresh Freesia Ink on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the Elegant Tag Punch. Stamp the swirly image using Fresh Freesia Ink on scrap paper first and then stamp again without reinking around the sentiment. Wrap the gold ribbon around the tag shape and tie into a bow. Glue sentiment layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Gilded Gems to the background.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: