Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. We are all creating favor boxes this week for our blog hop. I wanted to use a stamp set I hadn’t used in awhile so I opted to use the Lift Me Up stamp set and this is what I created:
I used Window Sheets to create a 4-sided box and added the top and bottom that were created using cardstock. The bottom is glued in place over the window sheet and the top is held in place with the ribbon. Untie the ribbon and the top comes off!
- Emerald Envy Cardstock and Soft Sky Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″. Score both pieces 1″ around all four sides and cut each tab as shown in the photo above.
- Glue each piece to form a lid as show below by gluing the tabs:
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet to measure 10-1/2″ x 6″. Score at 2-1/2″, 5″, 7-1/2″, and 10″ on the 10-1/2″ side. Add Tear & Tape on the 1/2″ tab on the end. Fold on all score lines and glue by overlapping the tab to form a 4-sided box.
- Glue the Evergreen Envy lid to the bottom of the window sheet using Tear & Tape.
- Tie a piece of the Emerald Envy Striped Ribbon around the bottom and tie into a bow as shown below:
- Decorate the front to your liking. I used the Lift Me Up stamp set and coordinating Up & Away Thinlits Dies on my box! I stamped the hot air balloons using Basic Black Ink and colored using the So Saffron and Soft Sky Stampin’ Write Markers.
- I also used the Everyday Label Punch for my sentiment. I cut the sentiment close to the bottom after stamping it and glued a scrap piece on one end to use as a handle and cut again to shorten the label:
- Stamps: Lift Me Up
- Inks: Basic Black, Soft Sky & So Saffron Stampin’ Write Markers
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Emerald Envy, Soft Sky
- Accessories: Emerald Envy Striped Ribbon
- Tools: Simply Scored, Window Sheets, Tear & Tape, Up & Away Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Everyday Label Punch
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: