I’ve seen several cards lately that use adhesive paper and multiple colors of glitter. I wondered if I could do the same but substitute by using multiple colors of embossing powder instead. So here’s the card with my successful experiment:
I used Pool Party and Wild Wasabi Embossing Powders. How did I achieve this? Here are the steps:
- Card Base: Wild Wasabi Cardstock measuring 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Pool Party Cardstock 4″ 5 1/4″. Glue on your card front.
- Layer #3: Adhesive Paper 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Now this is the tricky part. Apply adhesive to the back of your paper and glue to card front, peel the adhesive sheet off and the sticky part of your sheet is on the top. Try not to get finger prints or anything stuck to it.
- Layer #4: Cut (1) using the Hexagon Hive Framelits Die and Whisper White Cardstock. Carefully add the hive to the adhesive paper by pressing in place.
- Sprinkle your first color of embossing powder and shake of excess. Add 2nd color.
- Heat set the embossing powders with your Heat Tool. Careful not to overheat the adhesive paper by moving it at all times.
- Decorate your card to complete.
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
- Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Pool Party, Whisper White
- Inks: VersaMark
- Stamps: Best of Butterflies, Make A Wish
- Tools: Pool Party Embossing Powder, Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Hexagon Hive Framelits Die, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Misc: Adhesive Sheets
EDITED: Some of you have emailed me about the adhesive sheets. The ones I used are from Silhouette and they are sticky on one side only. If you have sheets that are sticky on both sides, you do not need to apply glue as stated in Layer #3. Just peel the first backing and glue to card front. Remove 2nd backing and proceed with the steps that I outlined!