Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is Critter Cards. Are you ready for a neat Shaker Card? First, take a peek at all of the layers and details:
Some pretty sequins and gems to shake, shake, shake!
And a gorgeous whale image:
Want to stamp and create a card like this one? Here is my Card Recipe:
- Card Base: Calypso Coral Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Pretty Peacock Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whale Of A Time Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Pretty Peacock Cardstock cut with the Stitched Nested Labels Dies that measure 4-7/8″ x 2-5/8″ and 3-3/4″ x 2″, Place the smallest one inside the other to cut a frame shape. Flip the frame over to the wrong side and glue a piece of Window Sheet to the back. Trim to fit. Add Foam Adhesive Strips around the shape of the frame. Place some Flowers For Every Season Gems and Woven Threads Sequins to the inside (a few pinches). Set aside.
- Layer #5: Using the largest Stitched Nested Labels Dies, cut a piece of the Whale Of A Time Designer Paper. Remove the backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips and place the designer paper over the frame layer. Add adhesive to the back and glue to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock using Calypso Coral Ink. Cut with the 1-1/2″ Circle Punch. Trim the top of the circle close to the sentiment straight across. Glue to shaker layer even at the top of the window sheet layer and to the left.
- Whale: Stamp the whale image on Whisper White Cardstock using Balmy Blue Ink. Cut with the Whale Punch and glue to the bottom right of the shaker layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add a large and a small Clear & Frosted Epoxy Droplets above the whale’s blowhole to resemble bubbles.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: