Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. If you are are getting ready to start creating small gifts or stocking stuffers for Christmas, our team has some neat ideas today for a “Christmas Treat or Favor”. I think I cheated a little but time got away from me and on my workspace sat this pretty little box from the Christmastime Is Here Suite. I picked it up and thought it would be perfect to alter so here it is:
This is the box that the Charming Rose Bracelet came in from the Christmastime Is Here Suite of products. You could use it to add Christmas treats inside or a small gift. The box is so pretty and I love that the lid has the same pattern as the designer paper in the suite.
- I made my own gift bow at the top by cutting three pieces of
designer paper that measure 10″ x 1″ and formed a figure-8 with them and
stapled in the center.
- I also added a designer paper loop in the center that measures 5″ x 1″, made a loop and again, stapled in the center.
so easy to then take all three pieces and stack them together to form
the bow shape. I stapled the first two together and then added Tear & Tape to
fasten the third piece.
- The final step was to glue the loop inside the center and that’s it!
- I then glued the bow to the lid of the box using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Sprig Punch, I cut out a few sprigs using the Copper Foil Sheets and glued some tucked around the bow. The copper looks great with the gold on the designer paper.
- Using the Leaf Punch and Old Olive Cardstock, I glued and tucked some leaves around the bow.
- Lastly, I added a sentiment stamped on Whisper White Cardstock using Old Olive Ink and cut with the label shape from the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. I punched a small hole in the upper left corner and tied the label around one of the loops in the bow using Linen Thread.
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: