Last Saturday for our blog hop at Create with Connie & Mary, I showed you this cute treat holder that I made shown below….
….and promised you a coordinating card. This week we are all featuring a Christmas Money/Gift Card Holder so this is where I come in with a coordinating project to last week’s:
This is what the front of my card/gift holder looks like. It looks like a normal card but when you open it, you can add a gift card inside like this:
Isn’t that the neatest? I added 2 steps to the center. The back step has a window sheet glued to it decorated with ornaments. The front step has a notch in it to insert the gift card. Here are the steps to creating the outside of the card:
- Card Base: Night of Navy Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score in the center at 4-1/4″ and fold.
- Layer #2: Real Red Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Stamp the holly images from the Embellished Ornaments stamp set using Garden Green Ink. Color in the leaves using a Blender Pen and Pear Pizzazz Ink. Stamp the sentiment from Versatile Christmas in the center using Real Red Ink. Add a few White Perfect Accents in the background and glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Night of Navy Cardstock 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Glue to the left-hand side of the card front.
- Layer #5: Season Of Cheer Designer Paper 1″ x 4-1/4″. Glue over the Night of Navy Cardstock layer.
The flap on the inside front has the sentiment stamped to one side and room for writing a message to the right:
And here are the steps to the inside of the card:
- Open the card to the inside.
- Using a piece of Season Of Cheer Designer Paper measuring 5″ x 11-1/2″. Score at 4″, 4-3/4″, 5-1/2″, 6-1/2″ & 7-1/2″. Fold on all score lines to resemble two steps in the center. Open the designer paper and fold on the 4-3/4″ score line.
- Using your paper cutter or an Exacto knife, cut a notch 1/2″ from each edge and cut through both layers, a vertical cut about 1/4″ long. Join those two cuts by making a horizontal cut all the way across to remove a portion of the DSP. You can see what I mean by viewing Photo #2 of the card. This is where the gift card will be inserted. Glue the two sides only to each other on the underside.
- Cut a Window Sheet measuring 3-1/2″ x 5″. Add adhesive to the bottom 5″ side on both sides. Place the window sheet in the fold between both steps and press in place to glue. Both center steps should now be glued to each other. Glue the two sides of the other step to each other on the backside.
- Glue designer paper layer to the inside of your card by pressing in place.
- Stamp two ornaments from the Embellished Ornaments on Whisper White Cardstock. One using Real Red Ink and the 2nd one using Soft Sky Ink. Cut out using the Delicate Ornaments Framelits Dies. Cut ornament tops using Gold Foil Sheets and glue to the ornaments. Glue each ornament to the Window Sheet using Tear & Tape. You will need to trim off the bottom of each ornament to fit the size of the Window Sheet.
- Stamp the sentiment using Real Red Ink on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″. Layer over a piece of Real Red Cardstock measuring 3-1/2″ x 4″. Glue to the inside of the card.
- Place Gift Card in slot!
Follow the links below to visit my wonderful teammates Nicole and Deb!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!