Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. This week we are all featuring a Halloween Favor, I hope you enjoy all of our designs and that we may inspire you to copy our projects. This is my project for this week:
Our Kraft Pillow Boxes are so perfect for decorating as a container for a Halloween Treat. I had so much fun adding a layer of the Toil & Trouble Designer Paper around the pillow box and then adding several layers of cardstock and this adorable elephant image from the Trick or Tweet stamp set. I colored him with my Blends Markers:
Want to make a project just like mine? Here’s how:
- Kraft Pillow Box: Fold the ends on the score lines to form the shape of the box.
- Toil & Trouble Designer Paper: Cut a piece of the designer paper to measure 7″ x 2″. Glue and wrap around the center of the pillow box.
- Circle Layers: Start with a Pumpkin Pie Cardstock Circle cut with the 2-1/2″ circle die from the Layering Circles Dies. Layer with a Basic Black Cardstock Circle cut with the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch. Glue a 3rd circle cut with Daffodil Delight Cardstock and the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, glued to the top left. Glue the layered circles to the front of the pillow box using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Elephant: Stamp the elephant image from the Trick or Tweet stamp set using Memento Black Ink. Color the elephant using the Light & Dark Smoky Slate Blends, the Light & Dark Daffodil Delight Blends and the Dark Pumpkin Pie Blends. Hand-cut the image and glue to the layered circles using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock using Memento Black Ink. Hand-cut close to the lettering and glue to the pillow box using Mini Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Trick or Tweet
- Ink: Memento Black
- Blends: Pumpkin Pie Dark, Smoky Slate Light & Dark, Daffodil Delight Light & Dark
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
- Tools: 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, Layering Circles Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals, Paper Snips
- Accessories: Kraft Pillow Box
- DSP: Toil & Trouble
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: